Re: DBMS_Alert

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1999/07/19

Alessandro Freda wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Do anyone know by that kind of problem is generated this error:
>
> sqlca.sqlcode=-1405
> "ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL "
>
> with this code
> EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR GOTO SqlErr;
>
> EXEC SQL EXECUTE
> BEGIN
> DBMS_ALERT.WAITONE( 'APPBASE', :msg, :state, :secTimeout);
> END;
> END-EXEC;
>
> if( state ........
>
> return;
>
> SqlErr:
> printf( "sqlca.sqlcode=%d\n", sqlca.sqlcode );
> printf( "\"%s\"\n", sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc );
>
> error is at end of timeout and is the same if I try to send a signal
> with a trigger like this:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER trigger1
> after insert on ProvaTr
> for each row
> DECLARE
> dummy INTEGER;
> nome VARCHAR2(10):= 'APPBASE';
> messaggio VARCHAR2(10):= 'NEWCMD';
> begin
> insert into Prova2 ( aut_campo1, aut_campo2 )
> values ( :new.campo1, :new.campo2 );
> DBMS_ALERT.SIGNAL( nome, messaggio );
> end;
>
> I verified with insert in Prova2 that trigger (and signal ?) was
> really executed.
>
> Help me please!
>
> -Alessandro
>
> alessandro.freda_at_telemanet.it

You're code seems ok - maybe try recreating the alert infrastructure...

  1. log on as sys
  2. run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsalrt.sql and prvtalrt

HTH

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."