Oracle 7.3.4 client coexistence with Oracle 8.0.5 client

From: eric farquhar <eric.farquhar_at_ait.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:32:10 +0100

Hello,

I have a small problem whereby I need to have Oracle 7.3.4 client software running on a proxy server to support MTS. I also need to have Oracle 8.0.5 client software running on this machine to support the printing side of the application. I have tried to do this but the code the MTS guys are writing fails as soon as I install the 8.0.5 software. Do the two client's share DLL's in the registry or something? I am thinking that the Oracle 8.0.5 software is overwriting the 7.3.4

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric F Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 11:32:10 CDT