size of TableSpace and Performance

From: John Seitz <seitz_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:30:34 GMT

Is there any relationship between the size of a tablespace and performance on queries. I'm creating a database, and I would like to make the tablespace 4 gigs. However, currently I know that the amount of data will not go over 1 gig. But I would like to plan for the future. I don't want to have to deal with the database that much.

Am I on crack for thinking this? I know that I can added datafiles as needed, but I really don't want to do that. And its not like the server doesn't have the room. Its a 18 gig drive.

Will the large tablespace degrade performance?

John Seitz

PS: sorry for the newbie, and thank you in advance. Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 18:30:34 CDT