Re: Redo log I/O problems

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:33:34 GMT

Hi.
 I am not sure that your bottleneck is I/O.  What type of load you are using ( SQL*Loader or  are you issuing INSERTs )?
 Is it possible for you to post the results of  SELECT * FROM V$SYSTEM_EVENT at start and after finish  of load ?
 If you have some application logic - look at SGA  for all resources heavy statements, executed during your  load process.

 Good luck. Michael.

In article <37916A7F.6142EF60_at_tampabay.rr.com>,   Harry Brewster <hbrewst1_at_tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> We have 3-500 meg redo logs on raw devices
> We are are still experiencing problems during heavy loading
> The Unix i/o stats show about 15 i/o per second
> We wrote a 'C' program to write to the disks and was able to achive
> 60,000 i/o
>
> Can anyone help
>
> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 15:33:34 CDT