Re: Buffer cache hits %

From: Ron Vissers <rvissers_at_qtiworld._N0_SP4M_.com>
Date: 19 Jul 1999 14:31:50 -0600

Hi,

I'm no guru... yet...

But, since you mention you have production and test db's of the same instance size, you might consider shifting some of the memory used by test to the production system.

Were running about a .5 GB SGAfor production. Our test db isn't hit so hard so, I believe that one is down around an SGA size of about 30MB.

Of course, you may need the same size SGA for timing tests, but if not, its an option to consider.

Ron

In article <O41ialrz#GA.309_at_nih2naae.prod2.compuserve.com>, kevin_gillins_at_compuserve.com says...