ODBC vs Pro*c or OCI

From: Furkan Khan <khanf_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:38:45 GMT

Folks, I am building a very high performance distributed application for the internet. I have a minimum requirement of at least 400 transaction/s (profiled on low end solaris box).

What are the pros and cons of using ODBC vs pro*c or OCI ? I am interested in performance issues/experiences using ODBC. How is connection pooling in Oracle ODBC driver ? Are there any gotchas with ODBC for high performance solutions ?

Can I use Oracle Advanced Queuing with Oracle ODBC ??

Any ideas, suggestions appreciated. I can be mailed directly also.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Furkan Khan Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 14:38:45 CDT