Re: Delete on FULL INDEX SCAN - is it inefficient ??

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:47:08 +0100

It would be interesting to see how the optimizer got to this choice. The clustering factor suggests the index path is very bad, but if only the first column was considered (by cardinality) in the plan then the index strategy could be quite good.

If you do an explain plan do you get a 'cardinality' figure at all, and is it much higher than the one percent you expect.

Do you want to try a CBO trace (event 10053 at level 12) to see if you can figure out the CBO's rationale ?

--

Jonathan Lewis