Re: Personal Oracle 7.3.4. on Win98

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:44:47 -0700

With the wrong value in the registry, and not specifying the right one during connect, the software was trying to start up an SGA for a database which does not exist.

Solution

Change the SID in the Registry:
1.  Run REGEDT32 and go to HKEY_Local_Machine on Local_Machine.
2.  Got to Software.
3.  Go to Oracle.
4.  Look for ORACLE_SID and verify it is set to the SID to which the you are
trying to connect. If not, double click on ORACLE_SID and modify the string.

You can only connect using this designation if you are using Oracle7 and SQL*Net version 2.x. This is not valid for Oracle8 and NET8 configurations.

I hope this of any help.

Regards

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"