Re: Startup Script on UNIX

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:20:55 +0200

Hi Helmut,
Typical script should look like
su -c oracle $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart
su -c oracle $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start This script should be called something like S99oracle and it should be placed in /etc/rc2.d directory.
The script to shut down should read

su -c oracle $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop
su -c oracle $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut
and should be called /etc/rc2.d/K99oracle

This is assuming
the oratab file with appropiate instances is /var/opt/oracle/oratab the scripts oraenv and dbhome are in $ORACLE_HOME/bin and /opt/bin Oracle has the last directory in its standard path.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA