Re: Slow listener connects on Windows NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:03:16 +0200

Hmmm...
The answer of Oracle Support looks like a typical Microsoft answer: the answer is correct but it doesn't help a damn. A few things to try:
1 make sure AUTOMATIC_IPC = OFF in the clients sqlnet.ora 2 in the same file make sure NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (tnsnames, oname) Otherwise Oracle will try a few well known namesservers before switching to tns
If that still doesn't help, set TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = support in the same file
and watch the sqlnet trace file for any failed connection attempts before it starts using TCP/IP. Usually they are there. Then you might want to disable Oracle Trace.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA