Re: Performance problem

From: Gocha Mchedlishvili <gocham_at_cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:14:12 GMT

I forgot to mention tables, including indexes, data, extents, etc. are completely identical.
I use indexes in both cases. Only thing that increases query run time is distinct clause, otherwise qury is running very fast. I also understand that Solaris is faster, but not 50 times faster, right?

thanks

Gocha

Jeff Hunter wrote in message <379298e4_at_defiant.btitelecom.net>...
>In RULE mode, the query will be using indexes if available whereas in
CHOOSE