Re: Fast table unload using pro*c array fetch? Do you know where it is?

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_ibsgmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:47:30 +0000

Brian wrote:

> Fellow DBA's,
>
> I'm currently trying to locate a pro*c program I saw on the web a while ago.
> It did array fetches to unload
> Oracle tables to flat files in pro*c but I can't seem to find it anymore. I
> am trying to unload huge amounts of table
> data and bring it into another database. I don't want to use/purchase
> platinum/bmc etc. as this is a one
> time deal. I don't want to use import/export because the import is so
> incredibly slow. If I can get a decent unload
> speed I could use sqlldr in direct path to load the data back. If you know
> of this code please email
> me.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Motzer
> bmotzer_at_mediaone.net
> or
> bmotzer_at_bestbuy.com

Hello,

I dont know where to find this code. But it works the following way :

  1. declare the cursor
  2. open the cursor
  3. fetch the cursor using "exec sql for :recnunm fetch cursorxx into :array1, array2 ..."
  4. close the cursor.

:recnum contains the number of rows to fetch. array1..arrayn habe to be allocated arrays with recnum cells. The sqlca.xxxx contains the number of fetched rows which is equal recnum if there is still some data to fetch and < than recnum is the last set of entries have been fetched.

Have a look at the precomp users guide to find out which portion of sqlca contains the information. I really cant remember.

Regards

Michael Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 06:47:30 CDT