Q: Accessing databases through Visual Basic

From: Tom Nixon <Tom_at_absoluteinternet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:18:36 +0100

Hi
Am I correct in thinking that if I write some VB code to interface with an Access database, it should be a minor task to alter the code if the implementation of the database changes to Oracle. Basically I want to use Access as the development platform then recreate the schema in Oracle later on. I'm hoping that ODBC hides all of the specifics of the database, letting me do this. Any comments would be appreciated. cheers,
Tom Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 03:18:36 CDT