Re: Redo log I/O problems

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 19:36:11 -0400

Hi:

Most single SCSI or comparable disk drives will support about 80 i/o's per second. Make 100 i/o's per second if you're going completely sequential (like in redo logs), make it 60 i/o's per second if we're talking completely random (like most accesses to datafiles).

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site