webDB startup then the second step....

From: SwahaNaga <swahanaga_at_cyberconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:30:20 -0500

Hi,
I'm also trying to get oracle off the ground. I'm using the Solaris version.

I'm also having a little trouble. I have conquered the most basic problems.

Now I have the http://myserver:8080/admin_/gateway.htm page up and working. I have added only changed the service name to the listener then enter and that works.
I deleted the second entry (not so smart). I hit the oracle picture at the top of the page and i get a response which is a reflection of the browser.
Great.... I know I'm talking to webdb from a remote browser and it works.

What I don't get is that when I hit the home icon (house) or the help icon (questionMark),
I get the same reflection page. Can I get some help here?

I am also looking for is the binoculars at the bottom of the page so that I can do the tutorial.
When I enter the http://myserver:8080/WebDB/ the oracle server seems to go to work but
nothing comes up and the browser times out.

Can someone tell me what is happening and how to get beyond this?

thanks in advance,
Steven Finkelman
Data/Massage
replyto swahanaga_at_cyberconnect.com Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 20:30:20 CDT