Questions about instead of triggers

From: Cory Brooks <coryb_at_lilly.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 10:05:12 -0400

If my object view has multiple columns in it, say cola, colb.colc, and cold, how would I code the instead of update to distinguish between   update ov set cola null, colb = 2 where colc = 3 and cold = 4; and
  update ov set colb = 2 where colc = 3;

In other words, the new value for a column can be null because it's being set to null or because it's omitted from the set clause (i.e., should NOT be changed). Similarly the search criteria may include a varying number of conditions.
Thanks in advance
Cory Brooks Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 09:05:12 CDT