Re: Enterprise Manager frustration

From: Kurt <rkdata_at_uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:28:34 -0500

OK, OK...I give up! I installed the Oracle8i and ran the SQL*Plus from my ORACLE_HOME Bin directory with no problem. I then installed the OEM (one the same box, different home). I TRIED to edit the tnsnames.ora file (in the OEM-Network-Admin directory) to what I THOUGHT was correct...apparently, I was wrong. When I run the plus80 from the OEM Bin directory, I get the following error:

ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

I'm just not sure what I need to edit on my tnsnames.ora file.

Here's what I have so far:

for 8i:
Home: ora81
Global: rusty.amsrv.net
SID: rusty
Host: kschwarz
Port: 1521
Internal, System, and Sys passwords are still defaulted.

For OEM:
Home: EntrMgr

Listener, Database, and OEM Server services are all running.

Is it wrong for me to not like .ora files? :-)

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            -=Kurt=-