Oracle 7 to 8 Migration Error

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:16:28 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade/migrate from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.0.5 using the Oracle migration utility (AIX 4.2.1). Following along in the Migration Guied, everything goes fine until I reach the point of issuing alter database convert. At that point, I get an error saying ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments [kzsrsdn: 1],[32],[],[],[],[].

If I try to shutdown the db, remove the new control files, and issue the convert command again, it tells me that the datafile supporting the system tablespace is the 'wrong incarnation'.

Has anybody ever seen this (before I call support) ?

Thanks,
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 15:16:28 CDT