SQL*Loader with Direct=true Parallel=true gives error

From: <zuot_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:40:27 GMT

We have a Data Warehouse and using sql*Loader utility to import flat files into Oracle 7.3 tables.
While using Direct=true option on command line, I want to use Parallel=true, to run the load in multiple sessions. Following is the syntax used:

sqlldr login/pass /....../Imp/cad1.ctl \ log=/..../cad1.log \
data=/...../cad1.dat DIRECT=TRUE >>cadtest.out &

sqlldr login/pass /...../cad2.ctl \
log=/...../cad2.log \
data=/..../cad2.dat DIRECT=TRUE >>cadtest.out &

Basically, I am logically splitting the same data file, and running multiple sessions in the background to load different row sets from the same data file (flat file) into the same oracle table. The error I get is:
SQL*Loader-908: Unable to lock table <table name> dur to ORACLE error 54.
Any immediate help will be highly appreicated

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 14:40:27 CDT