I/O Problems on Unix (Sun Enterprise 3500) Box

From: <janaks_at_targetdataman.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:19:38 GMT

I/O Problems on Unix (Sun Enterprise 3500) Box

Our Unix Box has a operating system block size of 512 Btyes.

Our oracle block size is 8192 Btyes.

Could this differential cause I/O prolbems?

Should we consider making the UNIX block size the same as the oracle block size?

     -Janak
P.S. In addition to posting a reply could you please also email the reply to janaks_at_targetdataman.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 14:19:38 CDT