OEM v1.6 NT4 SP4 - Solaris 2.5.1 Oracle 8.0.5 Intelligent Agent

From: Silvio Seifert <silvio.seifert_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:24:04 GMT

I need some help concerning the following problem.

I have a PC with NT4 and SP4, Oracle 8.0.5 and OEM v1.6 installed. On the NT PC runs an Oracle 8.0.5 database and the OracleAgent processes.

After starting OEM and executing Service Discovery, the OEM successful discover the Oracle services on the NT PC.

Now I installed and started up the Oracle 8.0.5 Intelligent Agent on the Solaris 2.5.1 host. There a 4 databases installed.

The Oracle Intelligent Agent on the Solaris host discovered all listener and databases on this host and successful created the files snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora.

Now I want the NT PC to discover the Oracle services on the Solaris host.

If the Oracle Agent on the Solaris host is not running, this failed with the OEM message "Oracle Agent not running on target node". This is OK.

If the Oracle Agent on the Solaris host is up and running, this failed with the OEM message "Can't read Oracle Agent information on target node".

I checked the dbsnmp processes on the Solaris host. I they are running, I have listener processes on ports 1748 and 1754, as required.

Using the Solaris programm truss to trace the dbsnmp process, I can see incoming request from the NT PC when I execute the Service Discovery for the Solaris node.

So, all seems fine, but I can't get discovered the Oracle Services on the Solaris node by the OEM on the NT PC.

Any ideas or hints ?

Thanks in advance.

Silvio Seifert
Foehrer Strasse 34
65199 Wiesbaden
Germany Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 13:24:04 CDT