HELP! Need ora804.dll

From: <henricks_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:15:50 GMT

In article
<3780AB69.77D5D90B_at_facburfdew.unimaas.nl>,   Tamerius Cohen <t.cohen_at_facburfdew.unimaas.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developping a Java Servlet which accesses
a Oracle8i DB using
> JDBC/OCI8 drivers. Things almost seem to
> work but NT tells me that i need ORA804.DLL. I
can't find it on my
> machine, the original Oracle8i Entreprise
Edition CDrom, not on Oracle's
> website, nor on any Web/FTPsearch bots.
>
> I know i have installed everything related to
Oracle/Java correctly, and
> I have tried a zillions things (like

deinstalling/reinstalling the OCI
> software via the Oracle Installer (CDrom), but
no luck since).

> So if you know where to find it on the
web/CDrom please let me know.

> You really would help me out with this! Email
attachement is great
> aswell.
>
> Thanks,
> Tamerius Cohen - University of Maastricht.

I am in a similar position. I am using J++ to do some JDBC related development. When I try to execute the program, I get an error saying that the "ORA804.dll" could not be found in the path. After an extensive search of both or Oracle Client and Server discs, I could not find this DLL. Of course, when the DLL is needed in the code an Unsatisfied Link Error occurs. I am using J++ 6.0 with Service Pack 3, Java 1.1.8 and Oracle 8.1.5. Any help would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

Brad Henrickson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 12:15:50 CDT