Right Join problem for ACCESS connecting to Oracle server?

From: Chau Chun Ho <cs_cchaa_at_uxmail.ust.hk>
Date: 16 Jul 1999 16:51:21 GMT

I'm using Oracle 8.0.5 as server and ACCESS as client.

When I write SQL in ACCESS to right join two tables in Oracle, there is no problem.

However when the right join operation involved more than two tables, the problem is as following:

e.g.
FOR three tables A, B, C
The case number in A is a reference for table B and C

The SQL is that
Select * from B right join ( C right join A on C.casenum = A.casenum) on B.casenum = A.casenum

The result is that
for all records that B join to A and C with B.casenum equal to C.casenum, all the fields belongs to C will become null.

Is it the error cause by ODBC?
How can I solve this problem?
thank you very much Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 11:51:21 CDT