Re: Q:Multi-Master Replication and Table Reorganization

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:42:27 -0700

Eric

Why remove the table from the rep group? If you can stop changes being made at the other masters, what I would do instead is:

  1. Execute dbms_reputil.replication_off at each instance.
  2. Export the objects from the database where the data needs reorganizing.
  3. Truncate the tables.
  4. Import the objects.
  5. Execute dbms_reputil.replication_on on all sites.

Haven't thought through it thoroughly, but that should work. Now if you can't stop changes going on at the other masters, that's a different ballgame, but I think from memory the recommendation is to suspend replication anyway before doing this.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete