Re: Craete account ?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:20:47 -0700

Heck, your English is better than my French!

When you installed the software, there would have been at least two accounts created - sys with the password change_on_install and system with a password manager. If you want to create more, check out the create user command in the SQL Reference manual (available online at http://technet.oracle.com if you don't already have it).

HTH. Pete

MARANDEL Benjamin wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have finish to install Oracle8, but i have a problem, i have use
> Oracle as a client,
> but i have never administrate a server, so i dont't know how to create
> user to acces to database.
> When i run sqlplus, i need a username and password, i don't know what i
> can test !!!
>
> Sory for my bad english, but i'm a french beginner administrator on
> linux, so, please
> help me !!!!
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Benjamin MARANDEL Administrateur Linux
> marandel_at_ws-interactive.fr Developpeur base de donnee
> WS Interactive - 15 Quai Lombard - 31000 Toulouse FRANCE
> Tel. 05 62 30 80 70 - Fax. 05 62 30 25 45
> Visitez notre site web : http://www.ws-interactive.fr

Regards

Pete