Re: How can I see the contents of one tablespace?

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:18:48 GMT

One additional word of caution. If you use the ANALYZE TABLE <table> COMPUTE STATISTICS, be sure to do ANALYZE TABLE <table> DELETE STATISTICS when you are finished; otherwise, you may inadvertently switch your optimizer mode from rule-based to cost-based and cause performance problems.

-Roy

In article <7mnamh$c7q$1_at_autumn.news.rcn.net>,   "Jerry Gitomer" <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You already have some answers that assume you have access to
> the DBA tables. Just in case you don't you can use the
> following:
>
> To find out which tables are in a specific tablespace:
>
> SELECT TABLE_NAME
> FROM USER_TABLES
> WHERE TABLESPACE_NAME = <your_tablespace_name>;
>
> To find out the size of a table in bytes:
>
> First run:
>
> ANALYZE TABLE <your_table_name> COMPUTE STATISTICS;
>
> then run
>
> SELECT AVG_ROW_LEN * NUM_ROWS
> FROM USER_TABLES
> WHERE TABLE_NAME = <your_table_name>;
>
> One word of caution. Computing statistics for a large table is a
> time consuming operation.
>
> regards
> Jerry Gitomer
>
> Huy Vu wrote in message
> <8pxj3.15629$jl.19973608_at_newscontent-01.sprint.ca>...
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Sorry for dummy question...I would like to check what inside a
> tablespace as
> >which tables belong to this tablespace.
> >
> >or if possible how can I know the size of one table.
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any helps.
> >
> >H.V

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 10:18:48 CDT