Q:Multi-Master Replication and Table Reorganization

From: Eric Comeau <ecomeau_at_baynetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:18:50 -0400

How does one perform a table reorganization (export/import) in a Multi-Master Replicated environment (with say four master sites) without having the import replicate to the other sites?

I have read through all the Oracle Replication manuals and there is no discussion of the topic under any of the "Administering a Replicated Environment" sections.

When I posed the question to one Oracle Consultant, his answer was you had to remove the table from the replication group, perform the reorganization and then add the table in again.

I have placed a call with Oracle Support and am awaiting their answer, but since I only have bronze support, I only expect an answer next week.

Eric Comeau
ecomeau_at_baynetworks.com Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 10:18:50 CDT