Oracle rollback segment problem?

From: <vladoh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:06:26 GMT

I have this problem with Oracle7.3 I use three applications, from which two are only selecting data and one is also inserting data (using transactions). My public rollback segment has set optimal size to 30MB. But sometimes rollback segment grows (to 800MB and more) and doesn't drops again to 30MB. I also use triggers that delete, update and also insert data into some tables. I made some tests and discovered, that problem is maybe with running client programs (but the testing is in progress yet... so the problem could be somewhere else). When clients are started before inserter (maybe also after.. i test it now), the rollback segment is growing... how can i resolve this?

thanx
Vladimir Hirner

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 09:06:26 CDT