Re: about listener

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:11:37 -0500

Is it possible that the listener has a name other than the default? The default listener name is listener. When you do a lsnrctl status, it is checking for a listener called listener. If the listener.ora file has been set up to use a different name, you will still connect and can ping, but your status needs to specify the actual listener name to show the status (i.e lsnrctl status listener_mine).

Terry Ball
Sr. DBA, CSG Systems