InterMedia Confusion

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:19:25 GMT

Hi all.

I'm looking for a good book on the Oracle options/cartridges.

In particular, the group of options now bundled as Imedia. i.e Context, Image, locator etc. Ideally the book would explain how to integrate it with front-end tools such as developer and clearly explain the advangaes of using these options rather that just storing images straight into BLOB files yourself.

i.e Given that I can store images, and sound in the database using long, blob or Bfile datatypes, and subsequently query these using Forms, why would I bother buying the extra server options?

In addition, Inter Media includes "Locator" data. I cannot figure out how this differs from the spatial option.

Thanks for the help

Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 06:19:25 CDT