Re: shutdown immediate

From: <volleyball_at_ntr.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 02:38:42 GMT

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:52:11 GMT, djuly_at_casema.net wrote:

What version of Oracle and what platform?

Bug number '905547 Shutdown immediate hangs on windows NT platform.' Saw the same thing you are seeing. Normally, oracle will recover from a shutdown abort.... but in that one case wher it does not.........

Fixed in version 8.0.1.5.A

>On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:29:55 +0800, wanni_at_mbox2.singnet.com.sg (Wanni)
>wrote:
>Maybe you have to kill the dbsnmp proces which is used by the
>enterrprise manager in connection with the database.
>Try this first.
>
>>HI Readers,
>>
>>From what I know, shutdown immediate will terminate all current
>>transactions and does a 'graceful' shutdown down. But when I
>>'hang' at the shutdown immediate command for sometime, and noticing
>>that the disk activity is high, could that mean, it is rollbacking
>>some huge huge active transactions in the rollback segments?
>>
>>We have the shutdown immediate going for about 30mins and it was still
>>running. instead, we did a shutdown abort. the next time the database
>>was brought up, it was ok.
>>
>>When we issue shudown immediate again, the same problem persists.
>>
>>What's the logic explanation here?
>>
>>Thanks for your replies :)

Doug Coan
Senior Client Server Systems Integrator DCoan_at_aegonusa.com
"Live to Learn and Learn to Live" Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 21:38:42 CDT