Re: Enterprise Manager frustration

From: Kurt <rkdata_at_uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:18:40 -0500

First the bad news:

I don't have that information...

Next the worse news:

My NT Server died (had to reinstall).

Now the good news:

I had to reinstall my NT server...did a complete format.

Now the (new) question. I have received (for testing) the 8i Enterprise Edition, the Enterprise Manager, and Web DB.

When I reinstall this stuff, is there a "preferred" order to install everything?

I am running IIS. By default, the IIS runs on port 80. Do I install the WebDB on 80 or do I need to use a different port?

The last errors I received before the crash was TNS checksumming error. It looks to me as the WebDB and 8i database never connected. When I tried to go to the gateway.htm file, it said my tnsnames and DAD didn't jive. I should probably learn more about the tnsnames.ora and listner files. (can you tell I'm a newby at this?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

            -=Kurt=-