Re: redo log problem

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:47:03 -0400

Connor McDonald wrote:

> Fair points but in real terms the redo logs are generally a tiny
> fraction of the size the database occupies...Hence adding more won't
> increase the disk space usage by any great degree so why put up with
> delays (as small as they may be)...

Sigh.....You are probably right. My users are tough though. They would see the addition of a redo log as a major modification to the database and I'd have to go through a lengthy change process with review boards, justifications and documents detailing the amount of time needed for the change, anticipated impacts, detailed procedures, backout procedures, etc.

Ken Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 14:47:03 CDT