Re: Q: Disable Table Lock Experiences

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:59:15 -0700

Lee

I wouldn't disable the functionality in Development. Production maybe, but not Development. A couple of problems you might run up against:

  1. If the developers have owner access, which is often the case in development environments, they can just change it back again.
  2. How are you going to let them build and drop indexes for performance testing etc.?

Is there really a need to be so secure in a development environment?

Pete

--
Regards

Pete