determining ARCHIVELOG sizes

From: Vick <vramming_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:29:26 GMT

Hey everyone,

On a WinNT4.0 with Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 DB that will probably end up with a whole lot of data (old DB used to be 42GB) about how much physical space should I allocate for Archivelogs? I know that once I do a cold backup I can delete the physical files and then once I restart I will archive again (LOG_ARCHIVE_START=TRUE in init.ora). I want to get an idea of how much space I might end up needing since I will only be able to cold backup once a month.

And, could anyone suggest where to get the right agents to do batch mode tape backup to Cheyenne arcserve DLT tape drive in NT? I'm starting to really like the idea of daily, automatic, incremental backups... being a newbie can be fun. I just found out I can automate all this in OEM-- but only if I have the agents. Neat stuff...

TIA,
Vick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 12:29:26 CDT