migration from 8 to 8i?

From: <kleahy_at_worldvision.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:08:03 GMT

Forgive an ignorant question. We're looking to buy Oracle for a Data Warehouse in the next few weeks. The vendor doing the warehouse is certified on 8 but not yet on 8i. Apart from the obvious question of do we want to be the pioneer's on this for them I'd like to know what my options are. Is there a migration path from 8 to 8i or is it a complete re-installation? What's involved? The Oracle Web site treats them as different product lines which implies more than a simple migration to me. Anybody actually moved from 8 to 8i?

Thanks
Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 12:08:03 CDT