Re: control files on linux

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:21:46 GMT

Hi,

  The create database command creates the controlfiles for you in the location(s) specified in the initSID.ora . The create controlfile command is used to recreate the controlfile if you have lost all copies of the controlfile or to recreate the controlfile to change the database name or other parameters specified at database creation time like MAXDATAFILES. Regards,
Denny

--
Denny Koovakattu
denny_at_vitalsol.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 11:21:46 CDT