Re: Trigger problem

From: <un2000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:14:44 GMT

A mutating table is a table that is currently being modified by an UPDATE, DELETE, or INSERT statement, or it is a table that might need to be updated by the effects of a declarative DELETE CASCADE referential integrity constraint.

The SQL statements of a trigger cannot read from (query) or modify a mutating table of the triggering statement. I donot think the "long field" has anything to do with the mutating table error.

In article <7mks9t$hoq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   joselb_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make an auditory in a table with a long field. I īm
> going to create a trigger to save the old and new values in another
> different table.
>
> Using :new.colum_name :old.column_name. I can save all
> the values except the long field.
>
> I tried to save the field long value in a variable long type
> and i receive a error message "table is mutating".
>
> Can you help me ? do you know how do it?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 11:14:44 CDT