Re: Error numbers reference

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:45:43 -0700

Richard

What platform? The error messages are available in the Oracle Error Messages manual in the online doco, or if you're on Unix, you can run:

$ oerr ora 1017

and the output will give you the error message, the cause and the action you need to take. The "ora" bit can be replaced by other strings for different error messages (tns for SQL*Net errors for example).

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete