Re: start a crashed database?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:34:56 -0700

Doug

Slight typo there I think. The default is $ORACLE_HOME/dbs, not rbs.

I've found the easiest way to store the init file elsewhere is to use one of the least well recognized clauses in the init.ora file - ifile. With this, you can tell Oracle to load the values in another parameter file, so you can delete all the entries in the default location's init.ora and simply put the line ifile=/my_preferred_location_preferably_OFA_compliant/init.ora.

ifile can be really useful when it's used properly, and this is one of the things that makes it so useful.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete