Re: ORA-04030: Out of process memory ERROR

From: Fred Stojentin <stojentin_at_orgdv.din.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:54:23 GMT

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:11:35 GMT, M. Rothwell <mrothwell_at_jps.net> wrote:

>I am getting the following error when doing an insert into... select....
>
>ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocat 10232 bytes
>(pga hep, ksm stack)

even if the problem will be fixed by oracle, you may try to increase the maximum allowed heap size for each process to "push the problem out of reach". On hp-ux increase the kernel parameter maxssiz (Max Stack Segment Size), on other OS increase the appropriate kernel parameter (double it, try again, maybe double again).

Another way to avoid memory leaks in oracle is to call the procedure dbms_session.free_unused_user_memory frequently, but this only free memory used for sorting and pl/sql-tables after they are nullified!

___
Fred Stojentin Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 06:54:23 CDT