Re: redo log problem

From: Benny Derous <bderous_at_roularta.be>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:21:48 +0200

I had the same problem and solved it by adding one more redo logfile and increasing the size of all my redo logfiles from 10 MB to 100 MB. I had more than 300 messages like 'checkpoint not complete' in the alert file. Now only 5.
So i went from 3 redologs (10 MB each) to 4 redologs (100 MB each). When you get those two messages in the alert file, it means dat all activity on the database will stop until
that situation is resolved. That means dat your batches will be slower because the batch is halted and then continues, halted and continues, ...

Benny Derous
DBA Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 06:21:48 CDT