Slow Full Table Scan on IOT

From: Joerg Lanzinger <lanzinge_at_in.tum.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:23:47 +0200

Hello,

for performance testing I build two tables containing about 1M rows of generated data. One table as an IOT, the other with no special properties.
It showed up that performing a full table scan on the IOT takes about 200 seconds, while the FTS on the 'normal' table finished after about 10 seconds.
(I'm using Oracle 8.0.3 on a Sun Enterprise, Solaris 2.6) Any suggestions to explain this phenomena?

Thanks
  Joerg

--

 ___  __
 \_ \ \ \     Joerg Lanzinger, Tankenrainer Str. 33, 82362 Weilheim

         -=*  REALITY.SYS maybe corrupt - Reboot universe (Y/N) ?  *=-