Client SQL*Net Config

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:27:11 -0400

We had someone recently do all sorts of strange client configurations on a number of
machines for developers. (They are gone now) I got a sort of vague report today that someone was paranoid about getting the 8.0.5 client installed on her machine for fear it would screw up something she could do with her old client (older version). So, we did a regular (not DBA) install of the client on a different machine so that she could test out whatever it is she is afraid she won't be able to do. She's not going to try it until later today. Sorry I can't be more specific until later. What I heard it had to do with was some reports on particularly large tables, which is what is stearing me towards configurable parameters on SQL*Net traffic, maxes, size of transmission etc., I've always gotten away with a plain vanilla install so far but are there parameters in the client side for SQL*Net traffic or in SQL*Plus that I could check once I get a better handle on the problem? Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 00:27:11 CDT