Re: Instance up time

From: peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:00:18 -0500

Dave Grzebien wrote in message <378D37D7.F938AE36_at_columbus.rr.com>...
>The value for the record STARTUP TIME - JULIAN equates to the day the
instance
>was started and the record STARTUP TIME - SECONDS indicates the number of
>seconds, after midnight, the instance was started on the JULIAN day. So
for
>your example, it appears that your database was started on June 9, 1999 at
>3:48:08 AM

Dave,

   I got the 'seconds' part. I was able to convert the 13688 seconds to 03:48:08 hours. What really has eluded me was how you converted the Julian date of '2451339' to June 9, 1999. Looking at my system, I know that the instance in question was restarted after a reboot of our server. I also knew that the database was up on June 9th. My question is how did you do the conversion?

Thanks,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 22:00:18 CDT