Re: Best version to buy?

From: WolfAlpha <wolfalpha_spamguard_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:29:26 GMT

As for why Oracle still markets 7, I know from personal experience. There are a lot of large COTS applications that interface with an Oracle database. The companies that produce these software packages have to validate that their product maintains stable functionality before approving it for use on a newer Oracle database. These companies will generally not support or guarantee the product if you try to use a version of the Oracle database that they have not validated it on. Hope this helps shed a little light on one of your questions!

Jeff S