Re: Trace SQL statements executed

From: Keith Shum <kshum_at_iLux.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:54:54 GMT

Thanks for the replying, I tried the statements, and then I found the column "PREV_SQL" has a value as "83A3B72C", so does it mean that the string actually is the alias of the sql statement? Anywhere I can do a translate?
Thanks!

In article <931982111.5086.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postmaster_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote:
> From a post by Tim Lange, of yesterday
> If the session already exists, go to v$session and get the sid and the
> serial# of the session you are interested in.
> .
> Then, using sqlplus, as "sys" unless you granted additional authority,
>
> execute dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid, ser, TRUE);
>
> when finished
>
> execute dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid, ser, FALSE);
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Keith Shum <kshum_at_iLux.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, there,
> >
> > Currently I have a problem with a client product which will
import
> > tons of data into Oracle8 database. However, during importing in
the
> > middle, it stopped. Does anyone know how to turn on the trace mode
that
> > will log down every SQL statement executed by the client from the
> > database server side?
> >
> > Since I have heard about the "CPU Spin"-kind of SQL statements
that
> > will execute forever and never return anything. I would like to do
> > debug to see which statement is having problem. However, I cannot
> > execute them one by one by hand.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >

> > --
> > Keith Shum @>~>~
> > kshum_at_iLux.com

Keith Shum @>~>~
kshum_at_iLux.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 19:54:54 CDT