Re: Full Import

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:25:10 GMT

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:06:22 GMT, Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thank you very much for the answer. It has been very helpful for me to
>understand the full import process. I still have a question.
>
>Now I understand that a database should be created before I do the full
>import. But what is the minimum database components I should create for
>doing a full import? should I create system tablespace, redo log, RBS
>tablespace and rollback segments before I can run a full import?

Strictly answering the question: you should only run the CREATE DATABASE command following by running the CATALOG.SQL and CATPROC.SQL. This should create both the SYSTEM tablespace, redo logs and the database dictionary. All the other stuff, including the rollback segments definition , tablespace definitions and users specifications are exported during the full export and should be recreated during the full import (if everything goes OK).

However, I agree with Thiru (tmgn_at_excite.com), I personally would precreate at least all the tablespaces manually.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 17:25:10 CDT