RMAN 6009

From: <molonede_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:32:54 GMT

I am getting the following errors:

RMAN-06009: using target database controlfile instead of recovery catalog
RMAN-06005: connected to target database: LPRD

According to the manuals this is just an informational message. Not sure why my system started using the controlfile instead, but does anyone know of any bad reasons to let rman use the control file. If it is better to use the catalog, how do I get it to use it again?

Any suggestions/insight?

Thanks
Doug Moloney

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 08:32:54 CDT