Re: parallel query

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:55:51 +0100

Yes, but the method varies with platform. On Unix boxes you can often get away with running the appropriate 'make' command in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib directory.

Particular parameters: the easy trick is to do

    select name from v$parameter where name like 'para%';

parallel_min_server (default 0 - but you might want some permanently)
parallel_max_server (default 5 - but you might want a higher limit)
parallel_server_idle_time (default 10 - in minutes, before idle slaves die
back to 'min')

There are a couple of others, but the defaults are generally acceptable

There are a couple of items on PQO on my website. --

Jonathan Lewis